CLIENT Msunduzi Municipality
APPOINTMENT 2003 – Current
Edendale is a vast a populous area situated to the north west of Pietermaritzburg. The area was established as a segregated township by the apartheid government and several thousand residential erven were surveyed starting in the early 1960’s – though previous forms of Land Tenure have existed over the land since the late 1800’s. Due to poor control mechanisms and the chaotic nature of the apartheid governments Deeds Registry and Cadastral System – several forms of overlapping title have been granted over the course of the development.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Identification of area’s where multiple title has been granted. This could have been in the form of PTO’s, Deed of Grants or freehold title.
- Unravel old titles and upgrade tenure to freehold title in terms of Upgrading of Land Tenure Rights Act – 112 of 1991.
- Identify private/State land parcels that can be purchased/transferred to extend the development of the Greater Edendale Area.
- Train and appoint Edendale based facilitators – primarily in the support of the private land acquisition initiative.
- Establish a comprehensive Geographic Information System (GIS) and other integrated web based systems in support of the above and the provision of accurate financial, legal and administrative information as required by the Auditor General.
- Land Legal Audits
- Land Surveying